If you’re considering deleting your Amazon account, you’re not alone. In fact, there are plenty of reasons to do so – from privacy concerns to simply not needing the account anymore.
But before you take the plunge, it’s important to understand the steps involved in deleting an Amazon account. This guide will walk you through the process so that you can be sure you’re doing it correctly.
Understand the implications of deleting your Amazon account
Before you delete your Amazon account, it’s important to understand what this will mean for your personal data and purchases. Once you delete your account, Amazon will permanently delete all of your personal information, including your order history, account settings, and payment information.
You will also lose access to any Amazon Prime benefits you may have, including free two-day shipping and streaming music and movies. If you have any Kindle books or other content purchased through Amazon, you will also lose access to them once your account is deleted.
Why you might want to delete your Amazon account
There are a number of reasons why you might want to delete your Amazon account. Maybe you’re concerned about privacy and don’t want Amazon to have access to your personal data. Or maybe you’ve simply decided that you don’t need or want the account anymore.
Whatever the reason, if you’re sure that you want to delete your Amazon account, then follow the steps below.
how to delete amazon account
Deleting your Amazon account is a two-step process. First, you’ll need to contact customer service and request that your account be deleted. Once that’s done, you’ll need to close your payment method to ensure that you’re not charged for any future purchases.
Here’s how to delete your Amazon account:
- Contact customer service and request that your account be deleted. You can do this by going to the Amazon website and clicking on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page.
- Once you’ve contacted customer service, they will send you a confirmation email. Click on the link in the email to confirm that you want your account deleted.
- Close your payment method. Once you’ve confirmed that you want your account deleted, you’ll need to close your payment method to ensure that you’re not charged for any future purchases. You can do this by going to the Amazon website and clicking on the “Your Account” link.
- Scroll down to the “Payment Methods” section and click on the “Close your account” link.
- Confirm that you want to close your payment method by clicking on the “Confirm” button.
And that’s it! Once you’ve followed these steps, your Amazon account will be deleted and you will no longer have access to any of your personal data or purchases. If you decide that you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future, you’ll need to contact customer service and go through the entire deletion process again.
Alternatives to Amazon
If you’re concerned about privacy or simply don’t like the way Amazon does business, then there are plenty of alternatives out there. Some of the most popular Amazon alternatives include eBay, Walmart, and Target.
These companies all have their own pros and cons, so it’s important to do your research before deciding which one is right for you. But if you’re looking for an alternative to Amazon, then these companies are a good place to start.